[haiku] Re: Mounting USB and ext3

  • From: Sean Healy <jalopeura@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 19:54:49 +0000

On 2010-11-23 22:25, Sean Healy wrote:

Haiku will not let me mount my (FAT32) USB stick or my (ext3) Ubuntu
partition read/write. It doesn't even offer me the option, like it does
for my FAT32 partition.

Okay, I downloaded a nightly (r39580) and dug out another USB stick (a Toshiba), and here's what I found:

My ext3 partition offers me the choice to mount read/write on the nightly, so that problem is solved.

Haiku offers me the choice to mount my other USB stick read/write on alpha2, and the nightly has the same behavior: the Samsung USB stick automatically mounts read-only, and for the Toshiba USB stick, the system offers me the choice.

So the problem seems to be the USB stick itself. Both Windows and Ubuntu will let me write to it, so I don't think it's a hardware issue.

So, should I create a new ticket, or should I add info to ticket #4761? Either way, what information should I attach to the ticket?