[haiku] Re: Mount settings: "All BeOS Disks"

  • From: Izomiac <haikulist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 17:34:27 -0400

It's not a harmful setting, so I'd say just let people try it to figure out
what it does.  Use the proper terminology so they learn something while
doing so, and you don't make it confusing to experienced users so it's
"easier" for inexperienced users who never get to learn about what they're
doing.  So I'd hesitate to call it "Haiku Volumes" or really even "Disk"
rather than "Volume" or "Partition".  Especially since USB thumb drives
aren't a disk, nor are SSDs.  Besides, most users have heard of
filesystems.  Win95 -> Win98 offered to convert FAT16 to FAT32 disks (major
feature), floppies and some memory cards have to be formatted before use
(with options for various filesystems).