[openbeos] Re: Monitor Support & co

  • From: Keith Poole <keef@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 23:21:42 +0000

Just a thought - isn't the "glass elevator" project a place for R2 musings - or am I just being thick?
Keith

DarkWyrm wrote:

Whaooooo,

*** Warning ****    you are going to explode as many opensource do.
Be serious please,  don't  ask for multimonitor support when no full working
kernel and 2D drivers are here.
Stay focused on a basis you could extend LATER.

Needs for the OpenBeOS project are, in this order:
- a full working kernel
- drivers
- a minimal development kit
- app_server, and other servers
- a file system
- full completed API implementation
- new features
- a lot of applications

People are not patient... and developers have too much dreams to make them real, that's life !!

I'm not very patient, either. In all seriousness (for those who haven't followed this thread all the way through), I just wanted ideas and opinions, which I most definitely got. I've had a lot to mull over and I think I've got things figured out on the road to take once we get to R2, or at least a working app_server. My appreciation and thanks to you all. :D

--DarkWyrm