[haiku] Re: Money through amazon associates

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 09:55:59 -0800

Hi Joachim!

Humdinger wrote:
Hi there!

It has been suggested in the past, but I was reminded of it by a recent newsletter: Should Haiku become an amazon associate to get referral fees if someone buys anything at amazon when he came from the Haiku website?

<snip>

As long as this does not mean having banners on the website, I think this cannot hurt and it could generate another revenue stream.

The outcome could also be maximized by creating one or more banners that Haiku community sites and/or individual's blogs can use to link to these shops through the Haiku affiliate URL as a way to contribute to funding the project.

Maybe a "Recommended Books" page could also be added somewhere on the website with links to book titles that may be useful and/or of interest to those up and coming developers looking into getting involved with Haiku development.

Cheers!

Jorge/aka Koki