[openbeos] Re: Mime Types and Paramaters

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 13:56:19 +0100 (MET)

Mat Hounsell <mat_geek@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Axel Wrote
> > "You're misinterpreting the specs. It's not the MIME type that can
> > have these
> > additions, it's the HTTP content type. It has nothing to do with
> > MIME types."
> Possibly, but I am looking at the MIME spec not the HTTP spec.
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2045
>
> IETF RFC 2045 Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME) Part One:
> Format
> of Internet Message Bodies

Argl, then say what document you're looking at next time ;-)
Then let me rephrase the above to:
"You're misinterpreting the specs. It's not the MIME type that can have
these
additions, it's the message content type. It has nothing to do with
MIME types."

Furthermore, it wouldn't make any sense to add these either. The only
case where the encoding would be needed is text documents, and
surprise, there is already an attribute for this one :)

Bye,
   Axel.