[haiku] Re: Migration from Basho to Official Localization of Haiku

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 00:13:10 -0800

On Wed, 2009-11-04 at 08:57 +0100, Axel Dörfler wrote:
> > * JOP
> > Anthy and Konatsu are included in JOP
>
> Why shouldn't Anthy be include in Haiku already? (as an optional choice
> at installation time, like Canna)

If Haiku were to include Anthy (which would be ideal IMHO), then Canna
could be dropped (it is not being maintained anyway).

> > I don't know whether the following applications are provided by
> > Optional Packages:
> > Elven Edit, Text Bank, FtpPositive and PonpokoDiff.
>
> I think those shouldn't make it to the image, but only be available
> externally, although I'm not sure about Elven Edit as long as Pe doesn't
> support input methods.

If I am not mistaken, at some point somebody in Japan created a spin-off
of Pe that was IM-aware. If the sources could be located, then they
could possible be used or at least referenced to in order to add support
for input methods to Pe. Maybe the JPBE.net guys can help locate the
sources?

Regards,

Jorge/aka Koki