[openbeos] Re: Media kittens

  • From: "Marcus Overhagen" <dos4gw@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 06:26:51 +0100

"Michael Phipps" <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:>
>My opinion, for what it is worth, is that undocumented APIs
>are questionable, at best. I guess if we had some compelling
>reason to exactly recreate them (say, Productive wouldn't work
>or something), then maybe. Otherwise, forget it.

We really have no compelling reason to invest time to recreate
the undocumented API. Of couse, there is some functionality, like
Indeo 5 reading, that we might lose when doing our own API,
but there are no other problems.

Many file formats are well documented (like avi, mpeg, mov)
and can easily repalce by a native reader)

regards
Marcus