[haiku] Re: Master thesis about Haiku OS

  • From: "Emalf \"Flame\" Tallefer" <emalf_tallefer@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 08:37:55 +0400

At 06 Jul 2010 21:52:24 +0100 Vasco Costa wrote:
> However it is also true that different Linux distros may have extremely
different usage patterns. As an example take into account someone who
uses Ubuntu and someone else who uses Gentoo, though it's still Linux,
Gentoo requires a much more advanced user. I'm not sure but probably it
could be useful for your research to understand what sort of Linux user
(beginner, intermediate, advanced...) is interested in Haiku/BeOS.

Seems very true to me. Take my example: through last 6-8 years I (albeit
lazily) searched for some replacement for BeOS, going from one to another
OS/distribution. And guess what - I stumble upon DesktopBSD LiveCD, which
almost won as a "BeOS" for my taste, with its' simplicity and
friendliness AND, of course, with BeOS-like skin, which name I can't
remember clearly now, maybe "Plastic" or "Milk".

Oh, and hello to everyone. :)

/Flame. Yet another old time, but quiet, BeOS lover. :)