[haiku] Mail & IMAP

  • From: David Given <dg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2010 14:57:44 +0000

I have an IMAP mail server with about a bajillion folders and about ~60k
messages.

If I set up the Haiku mailer to point at this server, it creates the
folders in ~/mail, but then starts downloading all the messages into
~/mail regardless what folder they're in. And then it gets about 600
messages in and dies with a network connection error message.

This is with A1R2; is IMAP supposed to work correctly in this release?
If so, anything I can look at to try and figure out what's going wrong?
My IMAP server is Dovecot, which is about as mainstream and unexciting
as it's possible to get with IMAP.

│ "To be is to do" -- Nietzche
│ "To do is to be" -- Sartre
│ "Do be do be do" -- Sinatra