[openbeos] Mail Daemon Replacement Check-in

  • From: "Nathan Whitehorn" <nathanw@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 20:58:26 -0400 EDT

Because Haiku is now the generally acknowledged future of BeOS, and the
mail daemon is a legitimate system component, and all our developers
are also Haiku developers, Dr. Zoidberg Enterprises, the all-powerful
and all-knowing makers of the Mail Daemon Replacement, are moving it
into the Haiku CVS tree. Besides, we get free nightly builds this way.

So why do you care? Well, it means a couple megabytes of source code
(nearly 60,000 lines) are going into CVS all across the tree -- we have
a kit, add-ons, a prefs app, BeMail, etc. Which means that if you're on
the CVS list, this is going to eat your mailbox alive. So you should
probably unsubscribe, unless for some strange reason you really want to
have the full MDR source in the form of e-mail. But we're all-knowing,
so we know you won't want that.

Enjoy!
-Nathan

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

Critic, n.:
        A person who boasts himself hard to please because nobody tries
to please him.