[haiku] Macbook boot

  • From: Nigel Malthus <malthi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 10:26:05 +1200

Just got a 13in white Macbook 2,1. It would not have been my first
choice for a machine to run Haiku but hey, it was a gift.
I tried booting a live cd of a nightly a few months old and it went all
the way to the choose language screen but then I found I had no
trackpad/mouse/keyboard input.
So now I'm trying a cd of the new Alpha2. It does not get so far;
reboots at the last icon (or, a fraction of a second after the second to
last icon lights). I can get to the choose safe mode options screen but
again I have no input so I'm stuck.
Have tried external USB mouse and keyboard with no change.
Interesting(?) that the keyboard accepts the Shift key in order to go to
the safe mode screen but then nothing further...

Thanks,
Nigel.