[openbeos] Re: MIPS32 port for GSoC

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 22:07:42 +0100 CET

"Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is it too late to add another item to Haiku's list of ideas
> for Google SoC 2007?
>
> I've been meaning to do some work towards a MIPS32 port,
> and have assembled documentation, books and hardware.
> It should be an interesting project and a good workout of
> the Haiku kernel code.

We already have at least one application that wasn't in our list of
ideas, so whatever you (or anyone else) have in mind, don't hesitate
and apply - we can't think of all the good ideas anyway :-)
We cannot promise anyone to be chosen, but actually applying would
definitely increase the probability ;-)

Our network stack would need quite a bit of work to make it a good idea
to put it on that kind of hardware, but that's no reason not to port it
now. Likewise, I wouldn't mind seeing Haiku on an iPod or similar
hardware either :)

Bye,
   Axel.