[haiku] Re: Looking for a mentor for a tutorial project

  • From: Joseph Prostko <joe.prostko+haiku@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 17:07:57 -0400

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 11:09 AM, Matthew Nawrocki
<matthew.nawrocki@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yeah I heard of WPLUG before, and I was even invited to give a talk on
> OpenSolaris there (and I nearly accepted, but decided not to after
> hearing of what Oracle did to the project). Anyway, I'll be bouncing
> my stuff off of most everyone on the list, but for more fine tuned
> stuff, I'd rather do reviews in person with another individual. So
> yeah Joe, I definitely will be counting you in here.

Very cool.  I was planning on giving a talk about the Conary package
manager ( http://wiki.rpath.com/wiki/Conary:Concepts ) to them too,
but never quite got around to that.  I didn't know you had previously
had an OpenSolaris talk in the works.

A bunch of them actually talked to me after the last meeting about
getting Blender in Haiku (since one of the Blender devs was doing a
talk and promoting his latest book), but I went into what the current
state of the port was and that we simply don't have a fully-working
port right now.

Anyways, to get this mail back onto the original topic, I will stop
blabbing on about WPLUG.  :)

I will certainly help out with anything you need with respect to your
project, and it's obvious others are interested as well, especially
with Ryan wanting to do screencast documentation, for instance.

Any more questions, feel free to ask.  Also, feel free to contact me
off list if you wish.

- joe