[openbeos] Lookin for love in all the wrong places.

  • From: "Mark Berry" <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 21:36:35 -0000

Hello all,

First off I must say I am very excited at the prospect of seeing my favorite
OS here with new life, never to be taken from me again.

How can I access the code, test my hardware, play with the drivers.. try
porting my favorite unix apps, database, etc.?

Just reading the threads it seems that people are doing something, I just
can't figure out what or how.  Is there a CVS system out there?  Is everyone
doing the work in BeOS itself?

There is a lot of things being discussed here like multi-monitor support,
but can I boot the thing and ping another machine on the lan?  What will
obeos use?  Gcc?

I have read the FAQ on the website and I am not seeing anything that really
answer the question of 'how do I get rocking and rolling' and figure out
what exactly it is I would be able to do to really help.

Cheers

.mark