[openbeos] Re: LinuxWorld in San Francisco canceled

  • From: j_freeman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 13:07:35 -0500

> On 5/24/07, Jonas Sundström <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> My argument would be if a lot of people came down hard on Jorge, was
> that our fault or his?

How does the old saying go? "It takes two to tango." To answer the question, I'd
say: both.

---

As someone who was watching silently from the sideline as the debates raged on,
I saw a lot of impatience and lack of willingness to see it from the others'
point of view--and I saw this coming from both sides.

I certainly don't see Jorge's leaving the project and him retracting the booth
application as unjustified or childish. Though I wish he would've handed it off
to someone instead of retracting it, I probably would have reacted the same way
if I were in his shoes. (Again, I'm trying to see things through his eyes.)

I just hope the project as a whole can learn something here and try to be more
patient and more open-minded in the future than it already is. There is, in my
humble opinion, plenty of blame to go around on this one. I would suggest, in
future debates like the one we witnessed, to those who find themselves having
depleted their patience to simply ignore the discussion at hand. Just my two
cents, of course.

On a lighter note, has any plans been made regarding LinuxWorld in lieu of
Jorge's absence?

Regards,

Jonathon

This message was sent using Conway Corporation WebMail -- www.conwaycorp.net