[openbeos] Re: LinuxWorld in San Francisco canceled

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 12:57:27 +0200 CEST

"Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > "Urias McCullough" <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > I received a note from Jorge asking me to notify this list
> > > and anyone who had been interested that he has retracted
> > > the booth application that he previously submitted and does
> > > not plan to attend as a Haiku presence.
> > Well, he did cancel it indeed - without even asking or telling
> > anyone about it before. Consider this his farewell present :-(
> Well, what did you guys expect?

Since he wasn't the only one working towards this, it was a pretty rude
and childish move; certainly nothing I would have expected to happen.

> I don't know what you guys see, or why you felt and responded
> the way you did. I fail to see Jorge as a poisonous person.

I don't see Jorge as a poisonous person either, but I agree with others
that his discussion style often left a lot to be desired.
He's usually a nice guy, and definitely a very talented marketing
person. Given the amount of harsh reactions I can't blame him for
having left - but given his discussion style, I certainly can't blame
anyone else for losing his patience, either. Or in short: sometimes
it's just not meant to be.

Bye,
   Axel.