[openbeos] Re: LinuxWorld in San Francisco canceled

  • From: "Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 12:39:24 +0200 CEST

"Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Urias McCullough" <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I received a note from Jorge asking me to notify this list
> > and anyone who had been interested that he has retracted
> > the booth application that he previously submitted and does
> > not plan to attend as a Haiku presence.
>
> Well, he did cancel it indeed - without even asking or telling
> anyone about it before. Consider this his farewell present :-(

Well, what did you guys expect?

From my point of view a lot of people came down on him pretty
hard, so is it any wonder he may want to sever all ties, and not
spend any more of his time/money/emotions.

I don't know what you guys see, or why you felt and responded
the way you did. I fail to see Jorge as a poisonous person.

Yes, he used a lot of words and he pointed out a lot of things
that people didn't think was relevant now, or ever, but it's sad
how the project failed here. How we failed here.

Perhaps if Jorge would just have stopped using his happy
smiley and just get mad for once, this wouldn't have gone
as far.

I'm sorry to have to state this so bluntly, but I think that's the
least I can do.

Jonas Sundström.