[openbeos] Re: LinuxWorld in San Francisco canceled

  • From: Michael Phipps <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 20:10:06 -0400

Axel Dörfler wrote:
"Urias McCullough" <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Just a note to anyone on the list who was considering attending the
LinuxWorld Expo in San Francisco during August 2007 (I had been hoping
to attend myself) - the current plans have been canceled.

I received a note from Jorge asking me to notify this list and anyone
who had been interested that he has retracted the booth application
that he previously submitted and does not plan to attend as a Haiku
presence.

Well, he did cancel it indeed - without even asking or telling anyone about it before. Consider this his farewell present :-(
We're currently trying to recover the booth, let's hope for the best.

Actually, it turned out to not matter.

We weren't going to get the booth anyway, it turns out. I got an answer from the very nice lady at IDG today. :-/

Michael