[openbeos] Re: Link .. Fonts ... freetype ..

  • From: Michael Pfeiffer <michael.pfeiffer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 08:25:48 +0200

>My BePDF (I think v0.93) uses also freetype (2 and 3) and that´s pretty
>cool for styles with more than 20pt  ... (on R5 Dev Edition BeOS Online
>) under 20pt it´s getting reallly bad compared to Acrobat  or Word ...

What is freetype 3? Current versions are 2.0.9 and 2.1.

Have you enabled the FreeType autohinter and disabled subpixel precise
positioning in BePDF? This should produce much sharper glyphs.

>If you change the colors of the fonts background from grey or white to
>other colors the rendering with Antialiasing also gets worse ...

Should not be if the application that draws the string sets up the
graphics state correctly. (low color to the background color or
if the background is filled abitrary to B_TRANSPARENT_COLOR).

- Michael