[haiku] Re: Line Wrap Was: Haiku's SMP

  • From: "Ryan Leavengood" <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 18:21:36 -0500

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 2:26 PM, François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> It seems GMail has its share of issues as well, making it easy for
> people to forget they are quoting pages worth of email instead of
> quoting only the relevant part...

It isn't that hard to use Gmail properly. I've been doing so for
years. Though some Gmail users may be lazy and/or naive about their
bad habits.

> There is no problem using those as long as you are aware of the
> limitations.

Indeed. Gmail also has some pretty interesting add-ons, such as the
GTDInbox Firefox plugin, which I started using recently (very cool and
good for tracking my Haiku tasks among others.) There are also a bunch
of "Google Labs" features you can turn on, for example something that
allows you to selectively quote messages when responding. I don't use
it because I am happy with my manual quoting technique.

I highly recommend switching to Gmail. You can also download your
Gmail with POP3 (and I believe IMAP), so you are not stuck with the
web interface if you don't like it.

Regards,
Ryan