[haiku] Re: Leaving

  • From: pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 12:28:13 -0700

I was trying to avoid adding to the noise, but just this once...

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 06:43:09PM +0000, Joacim Melin wrote:

I’m leaving this list. What a waste of time and as you put it: it gets
HaikuOS no further.

This is of course what pleases the troll (:-/) I'd guess the more discord he
can sow,
and the more people he can drive away, the happier he'll be.

On 22 May 2015, at 20:21, Luposian
<luposian@xxxxxxx<mailto:luposian@xxxxxxx>> wrote:

What on earth is all this Ying-yang yammering about? This type of bickering
gets HaikuOS no further, it benefits no one. It hampers morale, and slows
down productivity.

If this is to do with the loss of Haikuware/Bebits, we need to stop arguing
about it and simply DO something about it.

I don't believe this is related at all. But yes, I do think we need to find a
remedy
for that loss as soon as possible. And IMO it needs to be a bit more flexible
than a package repository (even when one that users can contribute to
becomes available).

I'm currently toying with the idea of extending BeShare -- make it able to
show descriptions, and have a non-Haiku-specific 'server' that can run
in e.g. Linux, so that it can share files 24/7. I'd be interested in any
feedback.

The only question I have is WHY did he (name escapes me at the moment) take
down those two sites and replace them with some Senryu page? What is his
beef with Haiku?

Karl vom Dorff is his name [sorry I mis-spelt it in an earlier post]. He is
annoyed that PM makes a large portion of the stuff on HaikuWare
uninstallable. He thinks that the change was made in too high-handed
a fashion. [And I'm afraid I somewhat share that opinon (:-/)]

However, I think his reaction is completely wrong headed! Turning off
BeBits/HAikuWare has essentially locked out the whole community that
has been built up. And I sincerely doubt that he is getting any traction
with "Senryu". It certainly doesn't interest me at the moment.

-- Pete --