[haiku] Re: Last Alpha + 1 Year

  • From: Jerry Babione <jerry.babione@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2013 08:08:56 -0600

Haiku can be a dream come true. It is just that for many. I realize that
there are issues. There will always be issues. Software doesn't write
itself.  There are areas where I'm 30 years behind the power curve and
other areas where my business runs and creates state of the are. The
situation changes everyday. Do I have clients still using BeOS 5r3,yes.
That alone makes Haiku worth waiting for. The older systems were built to
last, where as now we plan replacements because the hardware quits. The PC
I'm typing on now was manufactured in 1999. I use it, not because I don't
have newer, because it works every time, without a hiccup. Reguardless of
which OS I decide to use with it. That's what BeOS has been to those
clients still using it. That's what we want from Haiku which in their minds
and hearts is BeOS's successor.

--
Jerry Babione
Founder-Just Plain Folks Org. Inc.