Alexander G. M. Smith wrote: > Axel wrote: >> No, sorry, that's stupid - the last 10% usually also take much time >> because the other 90% don't make a complete product. > > Or in my case, the last 2000% takes 300% of the time. A nice little > spam word database should only take at most a week, the actual code > for adding words and looking them up is only a dozen lines of STL > code, right? Then there's thousands of lines (wow, more than 6000 of > them) for processing scripting messages, handling the command line > arguments, running the GUI and drawing cute displays of words. I > still haven't put in the sound effects after working on it for a > month... Heh. That's about how long it took me to write my FTP sync utility, which I'd originally time-budgeted at around a week. I expect to have my GUI mail/news suite finished at about the four-year mark, at the rate I'm going.