[openbeos] Re: Larger Disk for VMWare Image

  • From: "Urias McCullough" <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 12:19:46 -0700

On 29/03/2008, Brian Matzon <brian@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Karl vom Dorff wrote:
>  >
>  > Hi, which Vmware software are you using if I may ask?
>
> I was using 1.0.3 I think - upgraded to latest seems to have cured the
>  issue. No idea why this only happened in haikuware-superpack and not haiku!
>  For now I will use the superpack...

It's possible that Karl has added the vmw_mouse input_server add-on to
his builds in an attempt to make mouse usage in vmware better (it's
supposed detect when the mouse enters/leaves the vm and automatically
grab/ungrab input).

On older versions of VMWare, I find this add-on is really bad and
actually makes the mouse usage worse. The advantage is produces is
minimal in my opinion, and it's not natively compiled for Haiku
anyway. You can manually remove it if you want.