[openbeos] Re: Laptop trackpad problems in HaikuOS?

  • From: Simon Taylor <simontaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 16:26:18 +0000

> From: "Michael Thomsen" <mikerthomsen@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> I built Haiku under Linux and then in Zeta 1.21 copied the contents of
> the disk image to a separate BFS partition. I booted the OS in grub,
> but when it got to the point that the cursor was visible, everything
> locked up. I just did a simple drag-and-drop from the file manager in
> Zeta, so maybe I missed a hidden file or something. Is this sort of
> thing a known issue, or is it probably just something I did wrong?

Sounds a lot like the issue I had when I tried to just copy a raw image to a
BFS partition under R5 (I was using cp -a in a terminal). I fixed it by
building my own, but there must be an easier way to do it. It was suggested the
symbolic links in the image might not be created correctly on the haiku volume
if you just copy it - I'll take a look now and see if that really is the case.

Simon