[openbeos] Re: Laptop trackpad problems in HaikuOS?

  • From: "Michael Thomsen" <mikerthomsen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 11:20:53 -0400

I have a Radeon X300 which is not supported by that driver. Should I
assume that this is the culprit, then? Is there any way that I can get
Haiku to just boot with a basic display driver, showing say 256 colors
at 640x480? I have booted Haiku natively in the past on my (now dead)
desktop PC which had a GeForce FX 5200, so I guess this is a driver
issue, then.

On 4/17/07, holmqvist.fredrik@xxxxxxxxxxxx
<holmqvist.fredrik@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> From: "Michael Thomsen" <mikerthomsen@xxxxxxxxx>
> Date: 2007/04/17 ti PM 02:28:52 CEST
> To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Ämne: [openbeos] Re: Laptop trackpad problems in HaikuOS?
>
> I tried using copyattr and it still locks up a second after the cursor
> is displayed. It might just be my hardware. I'm trying this from a
> Dell Inspiron.

FWIW, if the Radeon driver hasn't changed all to much since it came to Haiku,
and you have a Radeon, it is probably locking up your system. I've had this on
BeOS and Zeta, never tested under Haiku. If I recall it is mentioned somewhere
in the comments here http://bebits.com/talkback/2938 and had to do with
speedstep. I had to compile a slightly modfied one.