[haiku] Re: Laptop suggestions.

  • From: Izomiac <haikulist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 18:33:25 -0400

> HP 6530b
>
> Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 (So... 2 cores :P)
> Intel X4500MHD (Intel G45 Chipset) which is supported by the
> intel_extreme driver/accelerant.
> Realtek-based Intel HD Codec (also supported, no need for those extra drivers)
> Broadcom Ethernet Card (supported)
> Intel Wifi 5100 BGN (supported with drivers available on haikuware)
>
> Preety much a perfect laptop for Haiku.

That's the same hardware that's in my Sony Vaio VGN-FW270J, except it
comes with a 16" 1600 x 900 screen.  Haiku works great with everything
except the Alps touchpad.  It's my hope that the 4500 MHD will get to
use the "HD" part of it's name (hardware video decoding) eventually,
since there are tech specs and open source drivers available for it.