[openbeos] Re: Joining the admin team?

  • From: "Donovan Schulteis" <deej575@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 15:17:45 -0600

From reading the thread... this is what Michael preferred (second hand
info there).

It's not ship to order... but it is a small shop, that would probably
be interested in doing smaller runs over multiple times to have the
business, and the cost would be likely adjusted accordingly for the
opportunity of return business.

DJ

On 5/11/07, Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki) <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Deej,

Donovan Schulteis wrote:
>> Yep, fully agreed, but we really can't handle that because we
>> lack the manpower. We need volunteers who take care of the
>> shop and designers who create the shirts and other items.
>
> Mainly for Michael...
>
> I have a friend that does apparel printing (and stickers and the
> like).  I'm currently in discussions with him about a deal on some
> other stuff.  If someone from the Haiku org wants me to see if I can't
> get a good deal for Haiku, contact me soonest with what you'd want
> done (types of printing, number of colors, quantities, etc.), and the
> available price range.  It would probably benefit all parties, since
> the more stuff ordered, the more negotiating room I'd have on pricing.
> ;)

Is this a (CafePress-like) ship-to-order vendor?

If it's not, then you will have to deal with the same issues of having
to pay upfront for the goods and to invest resources (for order
handling, packaging, shipping, etc.) that Haiku obviously does not have.

Cheers,

Koki