[openbeos] Re: Joining the admin team?

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 14:11:03 -0700

Hi Deej,

Donovan Schulteis wrote:
Yep, fully agreed, but we really can't handle that because we
lack the manpower. We need volunteers who take care of the
shop and designers who create the shirts and other items.

Mainly for Michael...

I have a friend that does apparel printing (and stickers and the
like).  I'm currently in discussions with him about a deal on some
other stuff.  If someone from the Haiku org wants me to see if I can't
get a good deal for Haiku, contact me soonest with what you'd want
done (types of printing, number of colors, quantities, etc.), and the
available price range.  It would probably benefit all parties, since
the more stuff ordered, the more negotiating room I'd have on pricing.
;)

Is this a (CafePress-like) ship-to-order vendor?

If it's not, then you will have to deal with the same issues of having to pay upfront for the goods and to invest resources (for order handling, packaging, shipping, etc.) that Haiku obviously does not have.

Cheers,

Koki