[openbeos] Re: Joining the admin team?

  • From: "Waldemar Kornewald" <wkornewald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 12:34:20 +0200

Hi Jorge,

On 5/11/07, Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki) <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ah, from what I can see, Michael edited the page less than a day ago,
> so maybe that's why I missed it. :)

So much for good communication...
The community has been asking for this. Why is this not announced more
proactively?

Could you (or someone else) please help us with a nice announcement?

With regards to the designs, you could start using the existing Haiku
artwork for the time being. If somebody comes up with a better design,
then use it. But if you are going to wait until somebody comes to knock
on your door with something better, you may have to prepare yourself for
a long wait. :)

Well, yes, but it will take many hours to build the shop even if we
use the current artwork. If someone helps us then the admins have more
time for other things (renovate BOD, clarify use of banners, etc.).

What failed was Karl's genuine attempt to bring his bounty effort under
the project's umbrella, and that was not his fault, but rather due to a
lack of a timely response from Haiku.

That's what I meant with "failed". :)

> Yes, we indeed need to do that. Maybe OSNews and other news sites
> could grab that news and help us spread the word. I'll put it on my
> TODO (currently working on the distro guidelines).

You have a website with about 1.5k registered users who obviously have
some sort of interest in Haiku, so you are more likely to find the right
person there than on OSNews.com or any other news site. :)

I meant that we'd post the news on our site and hopefully the other
news sites attract more visitors. I doubt that we have lots of
lawyers, finance, and other experts in our current community.

Bye,
Waldemar Kornewald