[openbeos] Re: Joining the admin team?

  • From: "Waldemar Kornewald" <wkornewald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 18:52:49 +0200

Hi,

On 5/11/07, Simon Porter <hailstorm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 My experience with finance etc doesn't go any further than looking after my
own finances. I am an IT Engineer by profession, which in other words means
desktop support, systems admin, that kind of thing. One thing I do have
plenty of is time. I can easily spare a couple of evenings a week of my
time.

I guess that currently the work doesn't require a finance expert, so
I'd appreciate your help. First of all, we should probably get the
email notifications for donors setup. After that, I'd love to see a
way to setup a PayPal subscription where you can send a
monthly/quarterly donation (pre-defined or user-chosen amount). I can
give you access to our website, so you can extend the donations page.

 I have already mentioned a few suggestions on the mailing list but
basically what I would like to work towards is greater transparency with
finances of Haiku Inc and encourage donations. It would also be nice to
offload some of the workload from Michael.

One thing you could help Michael with is setting up a simple system
which allows for selling our t-shirts. PayPal allows for handling such
payments very easily. One requirement is that the user should be able
to select the shirt size and, if possible, PayPal should keep track of
the remaining number of shirts, so nobody can buy something that isn't
available, anymore.

It would also be nice to have a web shop (as has been discussed on
this list) via Cafepress/SpreadShirt/... and sell all kinds of
merchandising like shirts, bags, mugs, mouse pads, etc.. We need
people who lead that effort and design the shirts, etc. (hopefully
ones that don't make you look too geeky).

If anyone has more suggestions please join our efforts!

And now that we're at it: We need marketing and finance experts. Also,
sometimes we need legal advice, so a lawyer would be very helpful
(this is not a time-consuming task, just a few questions from time to
time). Anyone who is an expert in one of those areas and wants to help
us, please shout!

Bye,
Waldemar Kornewald