[openbeos] Joining the admin team?

  • From: Simon Porter <hailstorm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 10:21:08 +0000

Hi,

I have already put this question to Waldemar. I wanted to ask what are the
requirements for joining the admin team. I would like to help out with the
donations/money side of things.

My experience with finance etc doesn't go any further than looking after my own
finances. I am an IT Engineer by profession, which in other words means desktop
support, systems admin, that kind of thing. One thing I do have plenty of is
time. I can easily spare a couple of evenings a week of my time.

I have already mentioned a few suggestions on the mailing list but basically
what I would like to work towards is greater transparency with finances of
Haiku Inc and encourage donations. It would also be nice to offload some of the
workload from Michael.

I do realise trust comes into things when your talking finances, especially as
I've done nothing but lurk until a few weeks ago. Really I'm happy to go with
whatever others feel comfortable with.

As for my personal interest in the project I'm not a former BeOS user, just a
disgruntled Windows user. I just want to be using Haiku R1 like most others.
I've been watching the project on and off for many years now. My coding skills
are fairly basic so as much as I'd like to I haven't contributed anything code
wise.

Not quite sure what else to add but please feel free to ask anything.

Regards,

Simon
Try Live.com - your fast, personalized homepage with all the things you care
about in one place.
http://www.live.com/getstarted