[openbeos] Re: Join the project 1 & 2

  • From: "Ryan Leavengood" <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 20:37:48 -0400

FYI: I am planning on doing the DriveSetup replacement. :)

Ryan

On 5/16/06, Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

thank you very much for offering your help!! As Axel already pointed out, the
bug tracker is a great start - really. I know it sounds a bit daunting to go
hunt for bugs, but we could really use some help in this area. It will also
be a good chance to familiarize yourself with a particular piece of code.
But we do have a couple of yet to be written stuff on our list as well (no
one said anything to my knowledge about picking this up, so I will advertize
it again :-):

A "DriveSetup" implementation! DriveSetup is the program that is supposed to
be used during installation (and also later) to mess with the partitions.
Haiku has a new Disk Device API, that is a good starting point for the design
of the app. The API is incomplete yet, but if DriveSetup is to be started
now, maybe there is a more urgent need to finish the remaining parts. Maybe
it is not such a good idea to start with a GUI application, if you have never
written a BeOS program before, but on the other hand, learning by doing is a
good concept.

Oh, and Haiku needs a USB-Stack. :-)

In any case, let us know what you would like to work on and please keep in
mind that everyone likes to help you get started! So don't hesitate to ask in
case of build problems and the like!

Best regards,
-Stephan