[openbeos] Re: Javascript-capable Browser

  • From: "Cedric Degea" <cdegea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 20:52:09 +0100

>Actually, even Net+ doesn't use the Translators for rendering images -
>that's mainly because of the lack of a progressive rendering API (and
>perhaps the age of Net+) - you have to wait until the Translator is
>ready to see the image.

Net+ uses translators for everything except GIF images AFAIK.
(this one being an internal licensed thinggie).
GIF images are also the only ones that show up with progressive
rendering in N+ too.

>Of course you are right, a Mozilla port couldn't be as integrated in
>BeOS as Net+ is, but it would be fine to have it.

Sure enough. There is already a team dedicated to
that port.. or whatever remains of it after the Palm typhoon.
  Let's work on writing newsletters with exciting reports
of not jsut future prospects but -completed- work (a bit
like the "hype" Be did with reports of OpenGL going strong,
BONE coming fast and furious ..etc that had us all drooling)
and it's obvious to me many people who are currenlty
watching in wait'n'see mode will be coming back and have hope.

Don't let the nasayers say that OB is all talks about this
and that and no code, and crush their arguments with shipping
stuff! (including in the really critical parts of the OS, the
ones that will make us transition from today's hardware to
64 bits one)  'k?

--
http://cdegea.free.fr/ | BeDev E-16870
"One thing to rule them all" -- UserFriendly.org, 20011021