[openbeos] Re: Java

  • From: "Stefano Ceccherini" <stefano.ceccherini@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 00:02:55 +0100

2006/11/13, Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>:

One thing I would personally like though, is if someone extended the build
system with a development package so that system headers are installed
(copied from the tree) and GCC is installed in place from a package in
/3rdparty maybe, with all the necessary setup taken care of. Personally, I
don't have the knowledge/overview what all is needed for that. Also, I
wouldn't mind a couple of third party tools like SVN to be put onto the image
automatically. But really, that is only my personal opinion and has not yet
been discussed. The disadventage is also that it would blow up the image
considerably. Maybe not a good idea while it isn't that useful yet.

At least, having it optional. Having something like "jam
haiku.image-developer" add these extra build tools would be great.