[haiku] Re: Japanese Haiku distribution "Basho" R1/Alpha 1 released

  • From: Neil Munro <neilmunro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 18:49:34 +0100

2009/10/7 PulkoMandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx>

> Le Wed, 07 Oct 2009 17:09:10 +0200, Jorge G. Mare <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> a
> écrit:
>
>  all that I did was suggest that a quick "we are looking into it" note be
>> sent to to the list as soon as an issue is raised in public.
>>

> I don't care about it.

I do, it's good to know the people in charge are keen to protect their
investment, and it is also good to know since I know very little about Haiku
and BeOS in general, I would feel reassured knowing if it's not direct from
the Haiku site it's not 'official' and is potentially not up to the same
standard as Haiku itself it.

I'm a developer myself and yeah great it's an honour that someone would
create a derivative of my work, but I don't want my name put on their
product, I can see why protecting your copyrights and such like is important
(and admittedly boring).

> And now I spent hours looking trough all these mails...

Don't read them :S