[openbeos] Re: Jamfile problem

  • From: "Andrew Bachmann" <shatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 13:33:47 -0800 PST

"Marcus Overhagen" <ml@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
> can somebody help me fixing the jamfiles that are used to build mpglib.a and
> the
> mp3_decoder?
Sure.

> The problem is that after a "jam clean" building mp3_decoder doesn't work
> since mpglib.a
> is build after the mp3_decoder, but needs to be linkd with mp3_decoder.
Fixed.

> Another problem is that changes to mpglib.a don't trigger a relinking of
> mp3_dercoder.
Fixed.

> Thanks
You're welcome.

BTW for the general audience the problem here was mixing targets and filenames.
 I changed
just this:

-
$(OBOS_TOP)/objects/x86.R1/add-ons/media/plugins/mp3_decoder/mpglib/libmpglib.a
+       libmpglib.a

You should really rarely have to specify any paths like that in Jam.  (unless
perhaps you are
working in Jamrules)  Jam will work out which libmpglib.a you are talking about
and if it gets
it wrong then there's grist to make it get it right.  Once Jam has figured out
which libmpglib.a
you are talking about, it knows where it built it or plans to build it, and it
can compute the
paths and dependencies accordingly.

Andrew