[openbeos] Is David really British?

  • From: "Daniel Reinhold" <danielr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 13:18:57 CDT

I don't mean to spread panic or unneccessarily arouse suspicions, but
I've become increasingly doubtful of David Reid's true origins. He
claims to be of UK extraction. Yes, his email addy ends in .uk (but,
hey, we know those can be arranged like Swiss bank accounts, no?) But
what verbal or metaphorical proof is there? Damn little, to be blunt.

You see, David peppers his emails with "cool", and "OK", and other such
American style colloquialisms, and yet, we see a shocking lack of
usages such as "whilst", "amongst", and "indeed". There is precious
little sign of upper liff stiffness. Ne're a mention of "Old Blighty"
or fish-n-chips. I have not even detected a single "bloody" in all the
emails he has posted (which is a bloody shame, actually).

I hate to have to be the one to say this, but it appears likely that
David roots lie in a place other than his indicated source. Quite
possibly, David is German. Or Bulgarian. Maybe even Luxemburgian. Or
perhaps even (gasp) Canadian!

There you have it. The ugly truth is revealed. But it had to be said.

;-)