[openbeos] Re: Introduction

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 02:31:28 +0200 CEST

"Cooper, Greg" <greg_cooper@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>     I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi.  My name is Gregory
> Cooper
> and I live in Portland Oregon, US.

Be welcome!

[...]
> I am eager to become a participant in this wonderful effort and am
> looking
> forward to digging in further.  Until I have a better idea about
> what's going
> on I am hesitant to commit to a piece of the project.  The last thing
> a project
> like this needs are individuals who commit to things they can't
> deliver (ahh
> the free-project dilemma).

Yes, it's a very nice experience to get to learn that :)
Anyway, once you are familiar with the project, you should also get an
idea about what you want to do - that helps motivation a lot, too :-)

> - Out of curiosity, how "up-to-date" are the status graphs on the
> Haiku
> web-page to what's in CVS?

That depends, and they are also a very subjective and inaccurate
measure of the status, too.
It's often better to ask the specific developer what works and what
does not work to get a fine grained image :)

Bye,
   Axel.