[openbeos] Interface Kit: libbe feature request

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 23:38:41 +0200 (MEST)

Since OpenBeOS will be using parts from other projects (like the GNU tools,
BSD ones...), I'd like to add to the About dialog a 'plugin'-like thing.
That is it would take a look at other libraries Resources/Attributes,
and create a list of items to be displayed. The things that would replace
the usual "Contains security software blah blah...".

(we don't want to be accused of stealing other projects' work without telling
it in the about dialog, do we ? :))

I'd suggest something like "be:about_thumb" and "be:about_text" for the
resource/attribute to add to libraries.

For instance, I plan to use ffmpeg codec library (now in LGPL), so I would
add the little logo and a 3 line text to the lib and it will look like:
http://clapcrest.free.fr/revol/beos/obosabout.png

(Fake, except for the SVQ1 video which really works :P)

François.