[openbeos] Re: Interested in Porting Applications

  • From: Shaka <shaka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 16:06:58 -0400

Personally, I wish someone would port Audacity (audio editor)- http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
If so, I'd drop my Mac OS X for Haiku as soon as the net stack was ready (I'd also talk about Haiku to millions of people on a sirius radio show I'm a part of... ;-)
-I'm gonna talk either way, I just thought it'd be nice :-)

On May 27, 2006, at 3:44 PM, Joseph Jackson IV wrote:

Hello,

I am a C++ programmer (or developer as the open source world calls us). I am interested in porting Non-BeOS applications to Haiku (, but I do not know know where to start. I was wondering I someone whould be willing to direct me on the right path. I have BeOS experience but only as an user (BeOS 5 Professional way back when :-D ). Right now i am on Ubuntu Linux "Dapper Drake" 6.06, but I also program in the Microsoft Visual Studio Enterpise IDE.

Thanks