[openbeos] Re: Intel, Sis7012 and Nvidia nForce AC97 sound driver 1.6 released

  • From: Zenja <zenja@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 08:51:41 +1000

Marcus, you da man!!!!

On Sat, 24 May 2003 16:36:55 GMT, Marcus Overhagen <ml@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

to all brave users around here, some of you have already tested the 1.6
prerelease version and submitted valueable information that helped
eleminating some major bugs.
In addition to this, a lot of previously non working ac97 chipsets
(you noticed it when the driver did not produce any sound) are now
working ok.

I released a improved version today at http://www.bebits.com/app/2940

If you are still running 1.6 prerelease, or something older, you should
download and install it, as it loads about 1 second faster, and supports
selection of different frame rates if this is supported by the codec
hardware.

Supported are Intel, SIS7012 and Nvidia nForce motherboard chipsets
with ac97 codecs.

While I'm currently working on a new audio api, that will also support
full mixer controls, I decided it is important to release once again
an update of the old driver to solve all issues identified so far.

Marcus

-- Zenja Solaja