[openbeos] Re: Intel Mac no PS/2 keyboard & Serial Port Bios bu

  • From: "Zenja Solaja" <solaja@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 06:05:49 +0000

Hopefully a Firmware update for intel Macs will fix this issue.

On 1/21/07, Karl vom Dorff <haikubounties@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I was just reading an article over at React OS that may be of interest
here...

http://www.reactos.org/en/news_page_28.html

I was trying to get Haiku booting on my MacBook, but never get anywhere. I
can't select any boot options at the Haiku bootloader because the keyboard
never works, and now I know why.

"Intel Mac's don't have PS/2 keyboard controllers."

I also read this:

"Intel Mac's BIOS has a "serial port" bug, it reports that COM1 exist, but
no one is there physically. Two other BIOS bug are related to reading
CD/DVD
drives."

Regarding keyboard support on Intel Macs, I guess the only way to get
these
working is using external USB devices (when the USB stack is ready)? Are
the
keyboards and touchpads on Intel Mac notebooks out of luck then?

Your Space. Your Friends. Your Stories. Share your world with Windows Live
Spaces. http://discoverspaces.live.com/?loc=en-CA