[haiku] Re: Intel Atom support ?

  • From: Alexander von Gluck <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 22:08:23 -0500

Quoting scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>:

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 7:17 PM, Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Any idea if we support the Intel Atom integrated cpu motherboards?

These seem to be the common components across numerous boards:
North Bridge    Intel 945GC
South Bridge    Intel ICH7
Onboard Video Chipset   Intel GMA 950

The audio and network cards seem to vary from board to board.
Fortunately, I'm not too concerned with them, as a pci nic could be plugged in.

--mmadia

I think the netbook that Koki has, has an Atom in it...seemed to run
Haiku just fine.
I could me mistaken though.

believed to be clean.

Runs fine on my Acer Aspire One AOA-150

Intel Atom 1.6Ghz
  Haiku sees two cores (Hyper Threading)

Thanks!

Alexander von Gluck IV
PGP ID: 0x2414F7DC
http://unixzen.com

"The way to find what the mainstream will do tomorrow is to associate with the lunatic fringe today." -- 1995, Jean-Louis Gassée

believed to be clean.