[openbeos] Re: Installing Haiku onto Partition; Missed Step?

  • From: Shaka <shaka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 22:30:30 -0500

For now, couldn't we create an install CD like all these BeOS variants use (BeOS Max, Wind etc...)?

On Feb 4, 2007, at 8:04 PM, Mat Hounsell wrote:

Actually this is a grub issue that might need documenting.

Grub must be told not to look at the partition as it doesn't understand BeFS.

rootnoverify (hd0,0)

NOT root (hd0,0)

Now I just need to workout why it hangs.

Haiku OS - Free, Open, and Fantastic: http://haiku-os.org/