[haiku] Re: Installing Haiku on Acer Aspire Timeline 1810 TZ, the 2nd

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 09:02:13 -0400

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 05:25, PulkoMandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I have not yet succeeded in installing Haiku on my notebook (see subject). I
>> was happy to see that there are anyboot images now for download. However,
>> after copying the anyboot to a USB stick via HaikuOnAStick the BIOS still
>> complains "Partition table not found". Therefore I wanted to try booting via
>> my USB CD drive. In which mode shall the image be burnt to a CD? I would use
>> cdrecord via commandline or via the cdrtfe frontend on Windows since Nero
>> Express only accepts *.nrg and *.iso; maybe simply renaming the image and
>> trying Nero would work but it seems to be better to ask before wasting a CD
>> :-)
>
> Yes it should behave as a regular iso image : that's the purpose of multiboot.

It occurred to me, that anyboot burned to compact disc may not run as
well as the real ISO cd's....  Around the time of R1A1, the ISO's were
changed such that certain optional packages would be kept as zips,
which would be extracted upon installation. Since the anyboot uses a
raw image for Haiku, those packages won't be archives -- thus loosing
the speed benefit of the streamlined ISO image.

--mmadia