[haiku] Re: Installed nightly won't boot?

  • From: Rimas Kudelis <rq@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2013 22:41:25 +0200

2013.11.01 22:35, Dane rašė:
Hi,
I tried installing the latest Haiku nightly into VirtualBox today. The anyboot image
boots, I run the installer and it installs Haiku, but afterwards, I cannot boot from the
disk I installed to. The message I'm getting is "No bootable active volume". Is
this a known problem?

Rimas

Rimas, when I've seen that, it has been because the installation had gone to a
partition other than the first active one.  Not sure if that enters into the
equation here though.

The partition I'm installing to is the only partition in that virtual disk. When creating it in DriveSetup, I also mark it active.

Interestingly, I just tried again (for perhaps 15th time today), and now the virtual box boots properly. Leaving me even more confused about what I did differently this time. :)

Rimas