[openbeos] Re: Input problems...

  • From: Marcus Overhagen <marcusoverhagen@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 16:22:47 +0200 (CEST)

Adam K Kirchhoff wrote:

> partition.   Unfortunately, after booting into Haiku, my mouse doesn't
> work and the syslog shows "input/keyboard/at/0 not enabled" messages
> each time I hit a key on  the keyboard.  In fact, the initial Terminal
> that's supposed to open up never does...

Please file a bug report so we can track this problem!

> ps2_hid: init_driver
> [...]
> ps2: active multiplexing not supported

This is working well until this point. PS2 bus manager has been loaded
and detected that active multiplexing is not supported. Everything ok.

You should see "ps2: devfs_publish_device %s, status = 0x%08lx"
for the keyboard and mouse next. But you don't. Instead debug
output just stops. I don't know why this happens. The bus manager
is supposed to stay loaded, and the service thread should do
the publishing of the devices.

> ps2_hid: publish_devices
> ps2_hid: publish_devices() returned NULL.
> ps2_hid: uninit_driver
looks normal, thats just the stub ps2_hid driver thats used to
load the ps2 bus manager.

Please compile ps2 bus manager with debug enabled
DEBUG=1 jam ps2
and copy the resulting ps2 file into the haiku bus manager directory and try
again.

regards
Marcus

Viel oder wenig? Schnell oder langsam? Unbegrenzt surfen + telefonieren
ohne Zeit- und Volumenbegrenzung? DAS TOP ANGEBOT JETZT bei Arcor: günstig
und schnell mit DSL - das All-Inclusive-Paket für clevere Doppel-Sparer,
nur  44,85 ?  inkl. DSL- und ISDN-Grundgebühr!
http://www.arcor.de/rd/emf-dsl-2