[openbeos] Re: In case you guys missed...

  • From: "Bruno G. Albuquerque" <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 10:37:51 EST (-0300)

> The last sentence (Special thanks goes to Axel Dörfler as OpenBFS
> would be
> all but completed if it was not for his work on it. ) of the
> announcement
> implies that Axel held up the development, and that it would already
> be
> complete if he hadn't worked on it... surely this is not what was
> intended!

Well, I may be wrong as english is not my native language, but wouldn't
"all but completed" imply "not completed" ? Or, in other words, It
would be in any state *BUT* the state it is now (i.e. completed).

-Bruno

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

"No self-respecting fish would want to be wrapped in that kind of
paper."
                -- Mike Royko on the Chicago Sun-Times after it was
                   taken over by Rupert Murdoch