[openbeos] Re: Im so happy, it brings tears to my eyes

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2002 02:03:06 +0100 (MET)

En réponse à Zenja Solaja <zenja@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Well, what can I say.  The mood in the BeOS community was so 'blue'
> 18-12 months ago, and look at the mood of the community today!!!  Thanks
> to OBOS, the BeOS community has a renewed buzz around it.  During the
> last 2 months, the amount of really good news coming from around the
> community is absolutely amazing (projects in development and progress by
> OBOS teams) - there is fresh optimism in the air, people are beginning
> to realise that OBOS is happening. It brings tears to my eyes to see the
> dream come to life.  It's like seeing the ultrasound of a baby for the
> very first time, hearing its heartbeat, feeling it move in the mothers
> belly.  The baby is coming <weep> ... Parents are discussing names
> <weep> ... A room for the baby and cot are being prepared <weep>
>
> I gotta go get some tissues :-)

Yeah \o/

Btw, yet another good news, I got ffmpeg working on net_server,
recording BeOSRadio !

I also succesfully compiled ffserver in BONE, and it does work !
I relayed BeOSRadio and streamed a video also...
(as a side effect I fixed teh poll() in the OBOS cvs)
The patch has been integrated in the official tree.

I also got ffmpeg to interoperate with SoundPlay's LiveEncoder:

http://clapcrest.free.fr/revol/beos/shot_SoundPlay_LiveEncoding_with_ffmpeg.png

That means TuneTracker will be able to use ffmpeg to encode, and even ffserver
to broadcast an even wider variety of formats (ASF, RM, ...)

Here is your http://www.tipking.com/Tips/uploads/tissue.gif :P

François.